If you’re a someone who dreams big, you may encounter doubters and most certainly obstacles. Here are 5 ways to get you closer to your ultimate destination.
- Choose your people. If you have big dreams, then you don't want just anyone on your committee. Choose your “go to” people carefully and allow only them to weigh in on your goals and progress. Everyone else is not welcome!
- Define your vision, then let it go. Big dreams can get heavy when you carry them around all the time. They can also start to feel overwhelming. They are however important fuel for your journey. So dream a clear picture and then like a helium filled balloon let it fly into the universe.
- Map out your process. Once you have that clear picture in mind you’ll want to back up and begin to chart your map. What steps come just before your big goal, and then which ones before that. Keep going until you know exactly what you will do tomorrow to get your dream.
- Expect and embrace hardship. Not every step is going to feel pleasant and enjoyable. It’s normal and natural to encounter rough patches and learning moments. Don’t forget most of these will be instrumental in you achieving your goals. So go ahead and thank the hard times, knowing they are moving you closer.
- Keep the love. Why is your dream important to you? This passion will act as your fuel through good times and bad. Keep the love close by posting a visual reminder of your goal somewhere you pass by frequently. Try an inspirational picture on the fridge or special quote on a post it in the bathroom.